Basic Search Help
Basic search finds records using keywords located anywhere in a record, or only in specific fields.
To perform a basic search:
- Type in the search term(s) you want to find in the Search field. (Punctuation, case, and word order are ignored.)
- Select a different index from the next drop-down list to narrow or widen the scope of your search.
- Keyword searches allow using quotes to search a phrase, + to mark an essential term, * to mark an important term, or ? to truncate a word.
- Heading searches use a specific library categories.
- Command searches allow adding Boolean operators to keyword searches.
- Select from the Limit To: list to optionally limit your search by the available criteria.
- Click the Search button to begin your search.